尝尝这奶油poblano soup. It is very easy to make and a great way to enjoy your pepper harvest while watching your carbs.
在我们最近的假期，我们有幸参观Culinary Institute of America at Greystonein St. Helena, California. We had the most amazing lunch and the highlight for me was this poblano pepper and corn soup.
Here’s a picture. Isn’t it beautiful? And, it tasted just as good as it looked.
How to Make Creamy Poblano Pepper Soup
When I got home I tried to make something similar. It’s too early for pepper harvest here, but luckily our local grocery store carries poblano peppers.
I charred the peppers over the flame on our stove. You can do this in a hot oven too. Or on the grill.
After charring place the peppers in a covered bowl, or some like to use a paper bag, to trap the steam and help the skin come off the pepper easily.
Scrape off the skin.
After cooking the peppers with some onions, garlic, and broth, I used my food processor to puree the soup. I noticed right away that this was nowhere near the dark color of the CIA soup.
Perhaps they did not char the skin and left it on. Next time I’ll try making it with the skin on. By the way, it looked like this before I added any cream.
You could add more broth or cream to rectify the heat.
Sometimes you never know what you are going to get with peppers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2杯植物油或鸡汤
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Char the peppers by holding over them a flame on all side or roasting in the oven.
- Set charred peppers in a bowl covered with plastic wrap to steam for a few minutes.
- Remove the tops, ribs and seeds.
- Chop peppers into small pieces, set aside
- Then saute the onions until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced peppers and saute for another minute.
- Next add stock, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add in the cream.
Nutrition Information:产量：3 Serving Size:1
每份的量： Calories:62 Total Fat:4g 饱和脂肪：1g Trans Fat:0g Unsaturated Fat:2g 胆固醇：4mg Sodium:346mg Carbohydrates:7g 纤维：2g 糖：3g 蛋白：2g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.